Cafe De Olla Con Leche | Cloth & Paper Happy Hour Recipe
This week’s Happy Hour drink features the Mexican spiced coffee, better known as Café de Olla which is made with Mexican ground coffee, cinnamon, and raw dark brown sugar known as "Piloncillo". This is a traditional drink recipe that has been enjoyed by many generations often made during the cold weather!
*This is the most easy and common version of Café de Olla, different variations vary from locations in Mexico and Latin America.
Café de Olla Con Leche | Cloth & Paper Happy Hour 11.5
- Ground Coffee (Mexican ground coffee, preferred)
- Cinnamon Stick
- Piloncillo/Panela or Dark Brown Sugar
- Milk of Choice (Optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine 4 cups of water, ½ a stick of cinnamon and ⅓ cup of piloncillo. Simmer until piloncillo is dissolved.
- Turn up heat to boil. Once boiling, add 4 tbsp of ground coffee, turn off heat and stir.
- Cover pot and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain, serve with cinnamon sticks in mug and enjoy!
- Optional: Froth milk of choice and slowly pour over café.
Don’t forget to use #clothandpapertrail on social to show us how you’re celebrating Cloth & Paper Happy Hour!